Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oh, MOJO, so nice to see you again!




Just a few weeks ago my Mum had spoke of a brand new Quilting Shop opening in the main street of her home town.  Having not dared to enter for fear of wanting to buy everything in there, I decided maybe she needed a little encouragement, and maybe someone to look after her purse!

Oh, Wow, wow wow wow!!!
What a gorgeous shop.


Couldn't help myself,  had to make a purchase
(maybe mum should have looked after my purse!)


What beautiful fabrics, so fresh and modern.


  So here I am with my four little fat quarters and no idea what to make...
The floor is covered with magazines and quilting books with me in an almost mad panic trying to find something to do, determined I'd be starting something that night.

Then in my trusty 501 Quilt Blocks book I come across 'Snail Trail'. Perfect!  I'd seen a quilt made from these blocks not that long ago and admired it then.  Great, something quick and easy (sort of), and before I knew it my MOJO's back.
It's 8pm on Friday night and here I am cutting and sewing!


You know you've got your Mojo when  its late and time for bed and all you can think is, 'what if I do just one more little bit'
Then you come to this realisation that every one's gone to bed (some having to work the next day) and the sound of my machine trudging away wasn't going to down to well, besides there was no way I was going to get it finished that night.  So I off to bed I went with the brain still counting stitches.

 Nevermind, here I was 7.30 next morning back at it, before I knew it, it's lunchtime and I'm finished!


What do you think?  I love it, love the colours, love the size, love that it was a quick finish, just what I needed to get myself back into sewing.


Before I go just wanted to do a quick share,
a couple of weeks ago I decided to commit myself to a block of the month, something I've never done before.  But I came across this BOM at Jenny of Elefantz blog

Click below to access the blocks each month!

An excited me has all my fabric and threads and is pleased to announce a start has been made!
CHECK  IT  OUT!!!

I have the fabric...


Strips are all cut...


And all organised!

If you've managed to read this far down well done, I do tend to babble when I get going.
Hope to share again soon.
TTFN

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow Nellie....I have a day off Friday and may need to go for a little trek to Wynyard town....love your snail block and the colours! Jenny's BOM is gorgeous - I haven't made a start on it yet, but have been saving the patterns. Glad both your Mojo and Blog posts have returned xoxo

Allie said...

Such gorgeous fabrics - love the snail's trail you made, I know that feeling exactly, lol, and no, folks don't appreciate the sound of the sewing machine late at night! You did a beautiful job on that little quilt. Love the fabrics you picked for Jenny's BOM as well!